Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Book-keeping


I seriously hate math... I am generally super organized and pretty obnoxiously on top of stuff however, when it comes to taking care of my accounting... I avoid it like the plague!! I still have to close out the books for March and I haven't even started on April...I have the greatest spreadsheet and everything is color-coded and easy to use and I am currently looking at my stack of receipts for the last two months and procrastinating in any way possible. I find this humorous because I am using the book-keeping as an excuse to not get on the treadmill and the blog as an excuse to not do the book-keeping! ...slowly I am running out of excuses and will eventually have to accomplish both tasks tonight.

This Sunday I ran my first ever long race, a 12k and part of the reason that I am avoiding the treadmill... I have been training since the beginning of the year; it's the whole reason that I bought my treadmill. I was so terrified going into that morning that I wouldn't finish or that I couldn't finish it. I have had a year of firsts: first time I ever quit a job without having another one, first time I ever opened a business of my own, it's still my first year of marriage, and it's my first year of long distance running. 

I really have my husband to thank for this new found self confidence. He inspired me to believe in myself and to reach for something that I have always dreamed of. He tolerates my random spurts of self doubt; will my business be successful? Will anyone actually like my work? will I continue to be able to continue to find inspiration to create art? will I make it to the finish line? and most of all am I strong enough?
strength can be looked at in many ways; physical, mental, emotional... something that I have learned in the last few months is that we are all stronger than we know and when faced with a challenge of mind body or spirit we can achieve great things! 

this quote is such an inspiration to me:
‎"Man is so made, that whenever anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish." -La Fontaine

...now if only I could find that inspiration to balance my books...

1 comment:

  1. I love your work! And your husband will stand by you no matter what, he's a great guy :) <3 you guys

    ReplyDelete